الاثنين، 17 نوفمبر 2014

End year appraisal

I am of a kind that every year does a self appraisal twice a year once in my birthday and the other on 31 December

I compare myself to the previous year and count my achievements in a trial to assess my personal development and define the coming milestones

I have been doing this for years and it sometimes frustrated me ,sometimes motivated me, it helped me a lot in changing my career, my working areas when I found out that I no longer develop or belong to the place I used to be part of on all levels personal, and professional

I used to try to increase my achievements starting September in a trial of avoiding frustrations when doing it when it is due, even by any quick wins like for example dieting, playing sports, finalizing projects or milestones I defined to myself …etc.

Yesterday was my birthday and I did my end year appraisal few weeks ago in advance and I was sort of satisfied, as a way of change I decided this year instead of doing the “achievement” appraisal I decided to count my blessings instead and was surprised to find out that I am really blessed by the overwhelming feelings I got from all of my friends and family

I was blessed to have long distance calls form lots of friends, to get all the warm calls from dear busy” real busy friends” , from the chocolate bar and greeting post it note I got from my beloved brother that made me shed tears 3ala elsob7, I am blessed by the great lunch and family gathering the day before my birthday although I could not attend it as I had an important class but when I went home I found it warm and found that mam left me a long dining table with all dishes on it to feel the warmth and celebration even if I could not attend

I am blessed by the smile on my niece’s face when singing happy birthday to you to me, her hug when I came home , I am blessed to have that kiss from dad , mam , brother and sister

I am blessed by the child inside me who was happy to bake myself a birthday cake and do all its decoration that was amazingly beautiful and really  nice  

I am blessed by my elder uncle’s call who does not have Facebook and who remembered it without any electronic reminder and the voice of his wife wishing me very sincere “ really sincere prayers”

I am even blessed by the cancelation of Omar Khayrat concert that I planned to attend and was thrilled for weeks waiting for it on that special day “la3aloh kheir” at least I enjoyed the waiting, I dressed up neatly had very nice makeup and listened to nice music in the way in both directions. But I really want to define who envied me that much to the degree that Omar Khayrat was admitted to hospital  that person “serroh bat3!!! “

I am even blessed by my cousin’s call who called 23.00 and woke me up for the rest of the night as I could not get back to sleep “memek lellah”

I am blessed by “reda “ of all of that , and for the first time I find it 1000% achiever by all those warm greetings I got from all of you

I learened to enjoy the small things because they are not small but they mean everything , they mean that I am still alive and can still be happy with very simple things which are not really small , they mean the whole world to me

هناك تعليقان (2):